Who are we?
World meets Kenya is a registered NGO in Kenya that addresses the immediate and long term needs of the community by leveraging volunteers, partner organisations and the local community.
To demonstrate the power and value of volunteer service through the tangible work done, the hope it brings to suffering communities and the transformative experiences it provides for volunteers.
We put women and girls in the centre because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
- Transformation: We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation within the world and our own organization.
- Integrity: We are accountable to the people we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
- Diversity: We know that by embracing differences actively including a variety of voices and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
- Excellence: We challenge ourselves to the highest level of learning and performance, tapping the best of the human spirit to create an impact.
- Equality: We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honouring each individual for we know that positive change happens through equal treatment.
Quick Stats Of Our Progress
PROJECTS VOLUNTEERS LIVES IMPACTED
7 20 100+
Samuel GitauCofounder & Chairman
Samuel is responsible for the vision, strategy, and fundraising efforts of World Meets Kenya.
Samuel attended Kenyatta University in Nairobi,Kenya where he obtained a masters degree in Community development in 2010.
"World Meets Kenya is a way of making a positive difference in the world"
Claudia GarridoCofounder & Director
Colombian born Claudia Garriddo Zarate holds a masters degree in marketing from the University of Colombia. She brings on board a wealth of experience having worked in various managerial positions in Colombia. Claudia is well travelled having visited 60 countries so far.
"You have to be passionate and dedicated in whatever you do"
Kelly KinuthiaHead of Projects & PR
She is a Kenyan born lady who holds a Bachelor’s degree in Population health from Kenyatta University . Having joined as a volunteer, she has gained exceptional skills and risen to head the Projects department and Public Relations.
“Nothing harvests a feeling of empowerment more than being of service to someone in need.”
Sylvia CateHead of Accounts
Kenyan born Slyvia Cate is the head of accounts. She boasts of a masters degree in Commerce from the University of Egerton,Kenya. Having joined World Meets Kenya as a volunteer, she has risen through the ranks to head the accounts department.
"Making the world a better place is my passion"